Two years ago I went to Amphi festival and decided to visit De belle ťpoque picnic, which was in Cologne too. Iíve heard about picnics during Wave Gothic Treffen, but havenít been there. Thatís why I was glad to become a part of this magnificent event. People, who is fond of a history, Goths and others gathered in beautiful park and communicate.
There are such events, which are called Dark Victorian Picnics, in some cities of my country. When I told a story of my travelling, my friend offered me to create our own event. I agreed. Eventually I got all organizerís responsibility, and this situation havenít changed even now.
So, what you really need to organize Victorian Picnic?
1. Choose dress code. For example, we offered to wear long dresses and classical costumes in historical, Gothic, Steampunk, Lolita styles.
2. Choose a location and date. The most part of picnics situated in parks and gathered people in warm seasons.
3. Create a social media public with all information and invite those, who are interested in such an event. Give an announcement to publics and mass media with auditory you want to see during the picnic.
4. Find photographers. There will be beautiful images and dresses, which should be keep in photos.
5. Think about rules and a program. They are not necessary, but they make your event comfortable.
6. Go to location youíve chosen and greet all guests.
Have a nice Victorian Picnic! Good luck!